May 17, 2011

LITTLE CABINET TRANSFORMATION

Hi Everyone,
     The other day I showed you this little cabinet that I got at a garage sale.  I just thought it was so charming and had so much character that I couldn't pass it up.  It was $20 which I thought wasn't bad considering how much I liked it.
     It started out a pale pink color as you can see here ~
I like pink in small doses but I thought this was a little too much especially for my kitchen area.
So I painted it aqua/blue.  I used the same paint that I used in our family room.
Here is what it looks like now ~ 

 I just lightly sanded it, applied a couple thin coats of the paint, sanding in between, and then distressed it a bit.  I also applied a coat of paste wax to it.




I'm loving how it turned out - just so darn cute if I do say so myself!  *__ *

I decided to hang it in our eating area off of the kitchen.
I tried a few different ways of accessorizing it just for fun.  So many possibilities!




 This is a spot that I see all of the time when I am in the kitchen - and we all know how much time we spend there - so I really enjoy having something on this wall that I really love!



So what do you think?  Which way do you like it accessorized the best?  Do you have some other ideas for me?  I would love to hear them!  It's always so nice to hear from you - I know you'll have some great ideas!!

~ ~ JoAnne

Joining these fun parties:

All Things Inspired Wednesday ~ All Things Heart and Home
Show & Tell ~ Blue Cricket Design
Wow Us Wednesday - Savvy Southern Style
Share the Love Wednesday - Very Merry Vintage Style

12 comments:

  1. Hi JoAnne what a lovely cabinet and I love the color you painted it! It looks perfect in it's new home!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cabinet! It looks great with the towel and apples. Your kitchen is just so pretty!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving it with the green apples and sweet dish towel!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little cabinet! It looks great and I love it with that cute little tea towel hanging down.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute cabinet, I like the color and best of all your cabinet is the focal point on the wall instead of the switch plate for the light :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling cabinet!

    It looks wonderful hung next to those buckets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so pretty! I'm going to be on the look out for a small cabinet like that this summer... if only there were more hours in the day for yard sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out really nice. I like the version with the towel hanging out! Thanks so much for linking to my Share the Love Link Party!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it! Perfect color~~~
    xo
    Robin
    All Things Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this little cabinet! It looks so pretty with the apples and coordinating towel! Thanks for visiting so I could come visit you...your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh cute!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The green apples and the turquoise and green towel are the perfect accessories, I think. I love the color that you have painted it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete