Skip to main content

Patio Reveal

Today I would like to show you the transformation of our patio.  With a lot of work, it has come a long way since we moved here ten years ago. 

In the picture below you can see how it looked after we had replaced the ugly brown shingle siding on the house and added the patio doors. There was actually no direct access to the patio before this. The concrete blocks that made up the patio always looked dirty and they were uneven in many places.  They also went right up to the house so there was no space to plant anything between the patio and house.  

Do you see our kitty waiting to get back in the house?  I don't blame him for not wanting to spend too much time our there.  We didn't want to either! 
A few years ago, my son and hubby tore out the old concrete blocks and laid new pavers.  Such a huge improvement!

With some landscaping and pretty flowers, it has become a space we can really enjoy.  

It's been especially nice this summer. We have had a lot of really nice days fo…

On the Beach


~ we're off to the beach this week ~

~ hope you all have a wonderful week ~

~ and  find some sun and relaxation ~




~ ~ JoAnne

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farmhouse Style In My Kitchen

Wow! Farmhouse style has really taken off, hasn't it? I love it just as much as many of you out there. One of the great things about it is that it's fairly easy to add  to your decor and it can be relatively inexpensive too.
Here are a few recent finds for my kitchen that I think give it a little more of that farmhouse feeling. 

Now this one is pretty obvious considering it has the word "FARM" right on it  : ) This came from a little shop I went to while we were on vacation  and it really inspired me to add a few more farmhouse style accessories.


I have admired these vintage scales forever and I finally found one on Ebay  that I thought would look great in my kitchen and was also a reasonable price. Boy, some of them are really pricey!



Any good farmhouse has to have a rooster, right? A quick little project I did was add blue grain sack stripes to this white wooden rooster. I think he is pretty proud of them!


Of course mason jars and pretty little flowers bring on th…

Strawberries Are Not Just For Eating

I don't know about you, be we sure do eat a lot of strawberries this time of year. I've also been noticing a lot of very cute strawberry inspired items for the home and I thought I would share some of them with you.
Here are some faux strawberries that could be used in some fun summer decorating. Don't they look real? You might have to warn people not to eat them!

source 
Here's a sweet little vintage shaker - perfect for shaking some powdered sugar
on those fresh strawberries.

source source
Isn't this jam pot adorable?
source


So cute and unique for your spices.
source
source
I am sure tea must taste better when using a tea kettle decorated with strawberries.

source
I love this strainer with it's black and strawberry theme - so original! source
source
Strawberry shortcake is a favorite of mine - so good! You can keep the recipe hanging right on your wall.

Transform Your Christmas Tins for Spring

Hi Everyone, I wanted to show you a quick and easy project that I just completed to repurpose some old Christmas tins that are no longer my style.

My inspiration was some very pretty scrapbooking papers that I had found at Hobby Lobby.  There are so many beautiful, interesting and fun papers to choose from that the possibilities are endless.

All I did was cut the papers to size to fit around the two larger cans and attached them with a small amount of white glue. I painted the lids with chalk paint as well as the smaller can. Here you can see how they turned out.

As I was editing these photos, child no.2 so lovingly pointed out that the smaller can looked out of place. I actually kind of agree with her but that's part of the beauty of this project. I could repaper or paint over what I have done at any time. I think they look good enough for now to use for spring and Easter decorating.

There are just so many possibilities of how you could transform these tins. I think some kind of…