Skip to main content

Patio Reveal

Today I would like to show you the transformation of our patio.  With a lot of work, it has come a long way since we moved here ten years ago. 


In the picture below you can see how it looked after we had replaced the ugly brown shingle siding on the house and added the patio doors. There was actually no direct access to the patio before this. The concrete blocks that made up the patio always looked dirty and they were uneven in many places.  They also went right up to the house so there was no space to plant anything between the patio and house.  


Do you see our kitty waiting to get back in the house?  I don't blame him for not wanting to spend too much time our there.  We didn't want to either! 

A few years ago, my son and hubby tore out the old concrete blocks and laid new pavers.  Such a huge improvement!


With some landscaping and pretty flowers, it has become a space we can really enjoy.  


It's been especially nice this summer. We have had a lot of really nice days for spending time outside.  Our summers are usually a lot more hot and humid with mosquitos galore!


We bought this patio furniture many years ago and it has held up remarkably well.  It still looks like new and we have left it out during the winter and all kinds of weather.


The grill isn't the pretties sight but I'm sure you can all agree how nice it is to be able to make dinner on the grill.  It makes everything taste so good and cleanup is easy - love that!



Some cut flowers and some potted plants make such a big difference - they're like jewelry for the patio.


The yellow bench was found in one of my favorite shops at the beginning of the summer.  It works perfectly with the colors I was using of primarily yellow, white and green.


Found this cute yellow birdhouse at Homegoods.


I love the way the magnolia tree sort of forms a canopy over the corner of the patio.  We're so lucky to have many large trees which provide wonderful shade and makes this a relaxing spot on a beautiful day.


There is more I would like to do such as adding more plants and painting the railing and steps but that will probably be a project for next summer.  I'm just so happy to be this far along.

If you look closely at the above picture, you may notice a change to the inside of our house and it's one I am very excited about.  I'll be sharing that with you soon.

Have a great day!
JoAnne

joining

Comments

  1. It's very cozy. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty outdoor space!! The pavers make such a huge difference. I LOVE that bench!! Looks perfect in that space. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patio looks so pretty and inviting. You all did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patio is so cozy and inviting! I love the pavers and the way you have set things up and decorated. We have a large concrete patio that needs some 'love'. It won't happen this year but we have plans to make it happen next year. You've inspired me!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. شركة ستار وود من اكبر شركات اثاث مكتبى تقوم الشركة بتصميم وتصنيع قطع الاثاث المكتبي .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Kitchen Cabinets 2017

I have done a couple posts on kitchens with blue cabinetry in the past, after all it is my favorite color. It has been awhile though, so today I have rounded up some more  amazing kitchens with cottage style that also incorporate blue in  the design. source The kitchen above and the one below have white upper cabinets and soft shades of blue on the lower ones. This is a nice way to use blue without going overboard or ending up with something that you would get tired of quickly. source source Finding the right shade of blue would be key and using a lot of white and wood tones along with it creates a beautiful and timeless look. source source Isn't the kitchen above just so very unique? It has sort of a french country feeling but in an updated way. Wish there was a better picture of the script that's on the wall  on the right. source This kitchen is from Remodelondo la Casa and I've always thought the w

AFFORDABLE WALL DECOR

Hi Everyone, One of the things I find the most difficult about decorating is finding wall decor that I like and is also affordable. That is one of the main things that I am always on the hunt for and sometimes I have to come up with some creative ideas. Just yesterday, I found this beautiful image of a  white hydrangea at The Graphics Fairy . The Graphics Fairy I printed it out in a size that would fit in a frame that  I already had.  I think it looks so pretty in the simple white frame. I'm probably going to hang it in our bedroom. I'm making a few small changes in there and I will show you when it's completed. This star is actually from the garden section of our local Meijer store.  It was originally silver metal and I spray painted it white. I have seen a lot of people decorate with bread boards. This one fit perfectly in the narrow space between my  cabinet and window and I love the warmth of the wood.  I love th

Family Room Reveal

Hello Everyone! I've been meaning to post about our updated family room for a very long time and I'm  finally doing it - yeah!! I had been ready to replace our brown leather furniture for a while and when a new Ikea opened very close to us last summer, I jumped at the chance to take a good look at their slipcovered furniture. Originally the plan was to buy another sofa and loveseat like we had but when I  saw the Ektorp sectional on the showroom floor at Ikea, I was sold.   It just seemed so cozy and I could really envision it in our family room. As you can see, we purchased the sectional with the white slipcover. You just can't beat the prices at Ikea and the quality is definitely good enough for us. I'm at a point where I don't want to buy expensive furniture that I feel like I have to keep forever.   We even had the sofa delivered and they took away the old sofa and loveseat  for a very small fee. We purchased this dre