Skip to main content

A Colorful Farmhouse

I ran across this farmhouse the other day on Houzz and I really
loved it so I thought you might too.

The exterior is white with black shutters, a beautiful and classic
look for a farmhouse.  It also has a large cupola and a cute picket
fence ~ I mean, who wouldn't love those details? 

Photo by M. Barnes & Co - Discover farmhouse exterior home design ideas

On the inside however, you will see lots of beautiful,
 soft color in every room.

 Isn't this great room amazing?

the ceiling
the huge chandelier
the fireplace
the large windows
the warm wood tones
the soft shades of blue and green
the cozy furniture arrangement
the hardwood floors

It all just draws you right in.


Just beyond the great room, you can see the kitchen with
its huge stove hood that extends all the way to the ceiling.
Even the cabinets are a soft sage green.


This dining room is so pretty. 
Such a gorgeous table and slipcovered chairs.


Here's the master bedroom with a fireplace and french
doors that lead outside.


I really love this bathroom.
Of course the shiplap is wonderful but what
really caught my eye was the skirted openings under the sinks.
It's such a sweet look and perfect for farmhouse style.


I think the addition of the coral color to the blue and green in this
bedroom is really pretty.
The patina on that bed is gorgeous too.


The feminine sconces and shower curtain are what really
caught my eye in this bathroom.


Even the laundry room is decked out in farmhouse style 
including the wonderful brick floor.


And this hallway is incredible with its brick wall
and old tractor seats as wall art - love it!


The gorgeous outdoor space continues the blue and green color theme.
The beautiful blue sky is doing its part as well.
I think I could spend a little time out here!

Photo by M. Barnes & Co - More farmhouse patio ideas

Large trees, white fencing, and even a windmill create a beautiful
setting for this farmhouse.

Photo by M. Barnes & Co - Discover farmhouse exterior home design inspiration

Do you love it?
I keep looking back at all the details in this wonderful home.
We see a lot of white and neutral color schemes
in farmhouse style which I think is very beautiful
but this house shows us that if you love color, it can also
be incorporated beautifully in a farmhouse.

Edited to add:  You can see many more photos of this home over at
 Carol's blog,  Blue Sky Kitchen.  Carol is lucky enough to be friends
with the owner and she has been a guest there.
  Click here and here for the two posts from her visits.
Thank you, Carol, for sharing your gorgeous photos.
Also, thank you to Stacey at Poofing the Pillows for letting
me know about Carol's posts!

Thanks so much for your visit!

joining
LITTLE FARMSTEAD ~ SUNDAYS AT HOME
LIFE AND LINDA ~ DISHING IT & DIGGING IT
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH ~ MET MONDAY
DAGMAR'S HOME LINK PARTY
A STROLL THRU LIFE ~ INSPIRE ME TUESDAY



Comments

  1. I do love it, JoAnne! I think it is fresh looking, inviting and just beautiful. I could easily live here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnne, when I saw these pictures I kept thinking it looks so familiar. Carol at Bluesky Kitchen is friends with the owner of this house and she shared it last year. Look back and you might see some shots that weren't on Houzz. It's a gorgeous house!! http://blueskykitchen.net/2016/05/03/fabulous-farmhouse-tour-continues/

    I'm glad you found it on Houzz to remind me. I'm going to use some of the inspiration from these pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnne, this farmhouse belongs to a friend of mine and I posted about it a year ago. It truly is a beautiful spot. I had no idea that it was on House until my friend Stacey sent me your link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous home! I'm in love with the spacious master bedroom and bathroom......and all the rest, too. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home... I have been in a home with that floor plan and the great big room.... living room and kitchen together... really worked and was so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a gorgeous home, and all done. I wouldn't change a thing, except I would have to get all new furniture---oh well, lol. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were right, I do love that Farmhouse. It's just gorgeous! I love how they paired all those old tractor seats as a group. I see those thins all the time, now I may have to start collecting some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful farmhouse. I love the main room and the colour of the kitchen cabinets. There's a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The floor in that room is amazing and I'm also in love with the brick floor in the laudry room. But is that a TV in the bathroom???

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are traveling for a few weeks with our travel trailer and I've not always had consistent, reliable internet access so I could check in with you. I love this farmhouse. So many great ideas. I'll be back to look at them again!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  11. This house is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Kitchen Cabinets 2017

I have done a couple posts on kitchens with blue cabinetry in the past, after all it is my favorite color. It has been awhile though, so today I have rounded up some more  amazing kitchens with cottage style that also incorporate blue in  the design. source The kitchen above and the one below have white upper cabinets and soft shades of blue on the lower ones. This is a nice way to use blue without going overboard or ending up with something that you would get tired of quickly. source source Finding the right shade of blue would be key and using a lot of white and wood tones along with it creates a beautiful and timeless look. source source Isn't the kitchen above just so very unique? It has sort of a french country feeling but in an updated way. Wish there was a better picture of the script that's on the wall  on the right. source This kitchen is from Remodelondo la Casa and I've always thought the w

AFFORDABLE WALL DECOR

Hi Everyone, One of the things I find the most difficult about decorating is finding wall decor that I like and is also affordable. That is one of the main things that I am always on the hunt for and sometimes I have to come up with some creative ideas. Just yesterday, I found this beautiful image of a  white hydrangea at The Graphics Fairy . The Graphics Fairy I printed it out in a size that would fit in a frame that  I already had.  I think it looks so pretty in the simple white frame. I'm probably going to hang it in our bedroom. I'm making a few small changes in there and I will show you when it's completed. This star is actually from the garden section of our local Meijer store.  It was originally silver metal and I spray painted it white. I have seen a lot of people decorate with bread boards. This one fit perfectly in the narrow space between my  cabinet and window and I love the warmth of the wood.  I love th

Family Room Reveal

Hello Everyone! I've been meaning to post about our updated family room for a very long time and I'm  finally doing it - yeah!! I had been ready to replace our brown leather furniture for a while and when a new Ikea opened very close to us last summer, I jumped at the chance to take a good look at their slipcovered furniture. Originally the plan was to buy another sofa and loveseat like we had but when I  saw the Ektorp sectional on the showroom floor at Ikea, I was sold.   It just seemed so cozy and I could really envision it in our family room. As you can see, we purchased the sectional with the white slipcover. You just can't beat the prices at Ikea and the quality is definitely good enough for us. I'm at a point where I don't want to buy expensive furniture that I feel like I have to keep forever.   We even had the sofa delivered and they took away the old sofa and loveseat  for a very small fee. We purchased this dre