Skip to main content

A SMALL SHOPPING SPLURGE

World Market always seems to carry a lot of things that I like
 especially kitchen items.
   A couple weeks ago they had a coupon for 25% off of everything so I decided
to treat myself and make a few small purchases.
( btw ~ this is not a paid post ~ just sharing some things I like )

I've always thought these Weck jars were cute so I put one of these in my basket.
They come in different sizes and this is the largest one.
I love all kinds of jars and the fact that they have so many uses.
( It actually comes with an orange rubber ring around the top but I removed it )
sale price $4.49

Another purchase was this measuring cup.
I like its unusual shape and the graphics on the front and inside.
 sale price $3.74

Isn't this cake plate adorable with its scalloped edge?
It comes in three sizes and this is the smallest.
 sale price $7.49

I also picked up one of these chair cushions for my black rocking chair.
I really like the color and texture of the fabric.
( the photo shows sort of a weird wavy pattern towards the front
 of the cushion that is not actually there )
sale price $12.74

So now I know you're dying to see what I did with my purchases, right?

The Weck jar is on my little table in the corner of our dining area.
I have a feeling that it's one of those things that will be moving around a lot!

The cake stand and measuring cup are together on
 my kitchen shelves.

And here is the real shocker ~ the chair cushion is on the chair!!
Scandalous, I know!

So for under $30, I got a few little things to give my kitchen area a little
spring/summer pick-me-up.
These changes may or may not have prompted some other changes
but that will be for another day.
You know what they say - Another day, another decorating change!

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you're having another
 decorating good day!

• • joining • •


Comments

  1. What great finds at World Market. I love the measuring cup and plate stand together, what a pretty scalloped edge. Your corner table vignette is very pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Love the measuring cup...it looks so good on the cake stand. Also love the glass jar. Wish there was a World Market near me. I've only been to one a year or so ago and I really liked the store.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like every single one of your excellent purchases.

    Sometimes we just gotta spoil ourselves just a tiny little bit, don't we?

    : - )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the big glass jar I had no idea it was so large. Perfect pieces, you deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jar is awesome!! It looked tiny in the first picture...that is a pretty substantial piece! I love little shopping trips! Sometimes, they have the biggest impact!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The measuring cup is just too sweet. I'd have scooped it up without a second thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love small shopping splurges and you got some great treasures there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love World Market also, but don't get there often. The vignette with the cake stand is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A HOUSE ON A LAKE

Many of us dream of having a beach house but when you don't live anywhere near the ocean, a house on a lake might be a more realistic possibility. Lake houses or cabins tend to be a little more rustic and cozy, I think, and there's something to be said for being surrounded by tall trees, the sounds of nature, and possibly a few critters. Here are a few lake houses I found on Houzz.   Some small, some bigger, some more rustic than others. Take a look and let me know what you think.
PLEASANT LAKE, NEW HAMPSHIRE


http://www.houzz.com/projects/53512/Pleasant-Lake--NH-Cottage-Renovation

WOMAN LAKE, MINNEAPOLIS                    http://www.houzz.com/projects/43614/Woman-Lake

PINE MOUNTAIN, GEORGIA


http://www.houzz.com/projects/334049/Camp-Callaway ORCAS ISLAND, WASHINGTON O


http://www.houzz.com/projects/2559/Orcas-Island-Cabin
PRIVATE LAKE IN MAINE

Home For The Holidays ~ Entry, Family Room and Kitchen

I have always loved the phrase "Home for the Holidays". Even though we are taking a short trip right before Christmas, we will be back in time to enjoy Christmas at home.

Of course, home can be wherever the people I love will be.
That's the most important thing and the most necessary ingredient.





But I don't mind if it also includes a cute little reindeer.





And a decorated mantel.





A Christmas tree, of course.



Pretty packages.






And a cozy kitchen with little bits of Christmas sprinkled around.







Christmas also includes our cute kitty with visions of sugarplums dancing
in his little head . . . or kitty treats, whichever.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.
I know there are so many beautiful homes to visit right now.

Hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright!
JoAnne

- joining -

NESTING PLACE ~ CHRISTMAS TOUR OF HOMES 2016




Farmhouse Style In My Kitchen

Wow! Farmhouse style has really taken off, hasn't it? I love it just as much as many of you out there. One of the great things about it is that it's fairly easy to add  to your decor and it can be relatively inexpensive too.
Here are a few recent finds for my kitchen that I think give it a little more of that farmhouse feeling. 

Now this one is pretty obvious considering it has the word "FARM" right on it  : ) This came from a little shop I went to while we were on vacation  and it really inspired me to add a few more farmhouse style accessories.


I have admired these vintage scales forever and I finally found one on Ebay  that I thought would look great in my kitchen and was also a reasonable price. Boy, some of them are really pricey!



Any good farmhouse has to have a rooster, right? A quick little project I did was add blue grain sack stripes to this white wooden rooster. I think he is pretty proud of them!


Of course mason jars and pretty little flowers bring on th…