Skip to main content

Cottages at the Beach

I'm unpacking and catching up on laundry since returning from  our annual vacation with my husband's family. We always have a great time and I love that we have this tradition. It's such a cute little beach town and I always enjoy taking long walks and looking at the charming houses. Want to come along?

The house above has its red, white and blue going on  all ready to celebrate. Adirondack chairs always look great and I think they look very inviting on the front porch.

I like how neat and tidy this pretty blue house looks. The landscaping isn't anything extravagant but it looks great. In the picture below you can see the pretty, soft light green on the screened door and the same color is on the door to the house as well.

Here's another screened door that is just so charming. The little spindles in the center are painted the two  colors of the house - such a great idea.

The red door on this house really stands out. A lot of the houses have screened in porches on t…

OUR HOUSE 7 YEARS AGO AND NOW ~ PART 2

Hi Everyone,
Here is Part 2 of the pictures we took of our house
when we looked at it for the first time and what those rooms look like now.
You can see Part 1 here.

The master bedroom is on the first floor and this is what it looked like
 back then - very dark and dated.


We decided to remove the window behind the bed. It looked directly into
the side of our neighbor's house and it also limited furniture arrangement.
The window on the left was replaced with a larger window.
A lighter paint color and decor has made the room so much lighter and brighter.
We also found original hardwood floors under the carpet so that was great news!


The wall in the picture below was moved back a little bit and one large walk-in
 closet was created with only one door instead of the two separate closets.


Now our large armoire is on the wall where the two closet openings were.
It's not a huge master bedroom, but we're happy with it 
and certainly a big improvement from before.


The bedroom below (which was being used as an office) was right
 next to the master bedroom.


So guess what?
It's now our master bathroom.
Pretty handy how that worked out, right?



Now we move on to the second floor.
This is the first bedroom at the top of the stairs and this is how it looked before.



And now it has been updated for our daughter.



This next room was going to be our son's room so of course this decor 
would not do at all!


We did a quick update of the room when we first moved in
but recently it was given another makeover which is what you see below.



And here is the teensy tiny bathroom on the second floor.
About a year and a half ago, there was a huge transformation to this space.
It involved adding a large dormer to the front of our house to enlarge the bathroom.


Here is the completed space.
Sooo much better!



We have lived in our home for about 7 1/2 years now, 
and it does amaze me to look back and see all of the changes.

You know how it can get discouraging when you think about
all of the things you would still like to do with your home.
Looking back at what we have accomplished helps me to put
things into perspective and appreciate my home even more.

Thanks A Bunch For Visiting!



Comments

  1. How pretty everything looks now. It's amazing how a home can change over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint you chose for the rooms. I painted our bedroom a blue a few years ago and I am ready for a change. The blue in the can turn out different on the walls, but I just did not want to paint it again. I love the color you chose for yours and will keep that in mind when I get a chance to paint ours again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember some of these room changes, but not the master. That is amazing, creative planning to put all that together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnne,
    You have done such a great job on the changes to your home. The bathrooms are so beautiful and love the beautiful re do on the rooms. Gorgeous. You should just smile to look at the rooms now and remember how they were. So cozy and inviting.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JoAnne!

    Your home is beautiful! I also prefer lighter colors and a romantic and delicate decoration!

    Have a good weekend!

    Hugs,

    Nanda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely home!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the rooms you shared with us are so pretty!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great jobs on all the rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful home!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a difference! Your home looks so fresh and Springy! Love your color choices

    ReplyDelete
  11. JoAnne,
    what a big big change! You do have a great feeling for furnituring a room, for creating a wellcoming atmosphere, and elegance, Great! Congratulation, absolutely adorable! Thank you for your lovely visit and your charming words. Happy to have you around!
    Happy Spring
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your house JoAnne! You've made so many great changes to fit your family. Every room is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The way you transformed your house is amazing. It's so much brighter now and your bedroom looks very cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time I see your home I'm amazed at the beauty you've created. I loved seeing the before and after photos - what a difference!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home is beautiful and really cheerful, JoAnn :)

    Your daughter's old room really took me back. I'm pretty sure my daughter had that same bed at one point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farmhouse Style In My Kitchen

Wow! Farmhouse style has really taken off, hasn't it? I love it just as much as many of you out there. One of the great things about it is that it's fairly easy to add  to your decor and it can be relatively inexpensive too.
Here are a few recent finds for my kitchen that I think give it a little more of that farmhouse feeling. 

Now this one is pretty obvious considering it has the word "FARM" right on it  : ) This came from a little shop I went to while we were on vacation  and it really inspired me to add a few more farmhouse style accessories.


I have admired these vintage scales forever and I finally found one on Ebay  that I thought would look great in my kitchen and was also a reasonable price. Boy, some of them are really pricey!



Any good farmhouse has to have a rooster, right? A quick little project I did was add blue grain sack stripes to this white wooden rooster. I think he is pretty proud of them!


Of course mason jars and pretty little flowers bring on th…

Strawberries Are Not Just For Eating

I don't know about you, be we sure do eat a lot of strawberries this time of year. I've also been noticing a lot of very cute strawberry inspired items for the home and I thought I would share some of them with you.
Here are some faux strawberries that could be used in some fun summer decorating. Don't they look real? You might have to warn people not to eat them!

source 
Here's a sweet little vintage shaker - perfect for shaking some powdered sugar
on those fresh strawberries.

source source
Isn't this jam pot adorable?
source


So cute and unique for your spices.
source
source
I am sure tea must taste better when using a tea kettle decorated with strawberries.

source
I love this strainer with it's black and strawberry theme - so original! source
source
Strawberry shortcake is a favorite of mine - so good! You can keep the recipe hanging right on your wall.

Transform Your Christmas Tins for Spring

Hi Everyone, I wanted to show you a quick and easy project that I just completed to repurpose some old Christmas tins that are no longer my style.

My inspiration was some very pretty scrapbooking papers that I had found at Hobby Lobby.  There are so many beautiful, interesting and fun papers to choose from that the possibilities are endless.

All I did was cut the papers to size to fit around the two larger cans and attached them with a small amount of white glue. I painted the lids with chalk paint as well as the smaller can. Here you can see how they turned out.

As I was editing these photos, child no.2 so lovingly pointed out that the smaller can looked out of place. I actually kind of agree with her but that's part of the beauty of this project. I could repaper or paint over what I have done at any time. I think they look good enough for now to use for spring and Easter decorating.

There are just so many possibilities of how you could transform these tins. I think some kind of…