Skip to main content

European Inspired Kitchens

Our trip to Europe has inspired me to do a post on European inspired kitchens
especially since finding inspirational pictures of kitchens is one of my favorite things to do!
I hope you like these.

Roosters have been a staple in french country kitchens for a long time.
I love how they are used in a subtle way here with the pretty mural above the range
and just a couple ceramic roosters on the counter.



The use of wood, especially for ceiling beams and floors is a common element in
European kitchens.
 Notice the pretty curved piece of wood above the doorway on the left.

indulgy


www.yelp.com

Don't you love the stone walls and floors of this kitchen?
They immediately give it a sense of age and history.

designskool.net

                               Farmhouse Kitchen by South West Photographers Colin Cadle Photography

I'm really liking the old fireplace in this one ~ it gives us that cozy feeling.



                                  Farmhouse Kitchen by Chester Springs Home Builders Griffiths Construction, Inc.

This kitchen is really rustic and you definitely get the feeling
that it has been around awhile.

                                  Farmhouse Kitchen by Los Angeles Photographers Peter Vitale Photography

                                  Farmhouse Kitchen by Austin General Contractors Bonterra Build | Design

                                  Farmhouse Kitchen by Minneapolis Kitchen & Bath Designers Rod Brewer

I think the touches of red with the brick, cafe curtains, and toile tablecloth look great 
in this kitchen full of character.
Don't you love all of the hanging baskets and copper pieces?


Did these kitchens inspire you?
Which one did you like the best?
It's a hard choice, I know!

As always, thanks so much for visiting ~
 JoAnne




Comments

  1. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so beautiful!! I just pinned a few to one of my Pinterest boards called "Magical Interiors" because they certainly are all magical!!! Have a beautiful day!! xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are making some cosmetic changes in our kitchen right now so this was great for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beams on the ceiling and upholstered furniture in the kitchen are two of my favorite details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are so beautiful and the beams oh my gorgeous.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your photo choices are amazing in Euro style. I have just been through an update to our kitchen blending the old with the new, antique beams, much wow added in bringing a rustic charm with living with culinary appliances and bringing rustic touches. I truly delight in all your photos and yes there is charm and magic to glaze upon and appreciate these intriguing photos. I added a Tuscan/French charm in an updated Philadelphia row-home and how like you I've come home with a wanderlust of European charm from vacations. it touches your heart and reasonates in your soul. Wonderful choices of amazing photos to convey your message.
    xx,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. All so pretty! Number three is my fav though.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love all of them but the one with the stone wall is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this round-up of European kitchens! I love the stone walls, the beams, the stone floors! All so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would LOVE to have any of these kitchens in my home. They are absolutely wonderful!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are lovely inspiration pictures! I think my favourite is the third one, but it's difficult to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joanne,
    All these kitchens are lovely, dear one!!!
    My style is Traditional, so I'd possibly choose the first one, minus the chickens!!!
    I am quite smitten with your Blog Boss!!!
    Our beloved Maurice was laid to rest nearly 3 years ago.
    To this day, I miss her terribly!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for these outstanding pictures . These are really beautiful.
    Best Kitchen Ideas
    Kitchen Ideas
    Kitchen Redesign Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Kitchen Cabinets 2017

I have done a couple posts on kitchens with blue cabinetry in the past, after all it is my favorite color. It has been awhile though, so today I have rounded up some more  amazing kitchens with cottage style that also incorporate blue in  the design. source The kitchen above and the one below have white upper cabinets and soft shades of blue on the lower ones. This is a nice way to use blue without going overboard or ending up with something that you would get tired of quickly. source source Finding the right shade of blue would be key and using a lot of white and wood tones along with it creates a beautiful and timeless look. source source Isn't the kitchen above just so very unique? It has sort of a french country feeling but in an updated way. Wish there was a better picture of the script that's on the wall  on the right. source This kitchen is from Remodelondo la Casa and I've always thought the w

AFFORDABLE WALL DECOR

Hi Everyone, One of the things I find the most difficult about decorating is finding wall decor that I like and is also affordable. That is one of the main things that I am always on the hunt for and sometimes I have to come up with some creative ideas. Just yesterday, I found this beautiful image of a  white hydrangea at The Graphics Fairy . The Graphics Fairy I printed it out in a size that would fit in a frame that  I already had.  I think it looks so pretty in the simple white frame. I'm probably going to hang it in our bedroom. I'm making a few small changes in there and I will show you when it's completed. This star is actually from the garden section of our local Meijer store.  It was originally silver metal and I spray painted it white. I have seen a lot of people decorate with bread boards. This one fit perfectly in the narrow space between my  cabinet and window and I love the warmth of the wood.  I love th

Family Room Reveal

Hello Everyone! I've been meaning to post about our updated family room for a very long time and I'm  finally doing it - yeah!! I had been ready to replace our brown leather furniture for a while and when a new Ikea opened very close to us last summer, I jumped at the chance to take a good look at their slipcovered furniture. Originally the plan was to buy another sofa and loveseat like we had but when I  saw the Ektorp sectional on the showroom floor at Ikea, I was sold.   It just seemed so cozy and I could really envision it in our family room. As you can see, we purchased the sectional with the white slipcover. You just can't beat the prices at Ikea and the quality is definitely good enough for us. I'm at a point where I don't want to buy expensive furniture that I feel like I have to keep forever.   We even had the sofa delivered and they took away the old sofa and loveseat  for a very small fee. We purchased this dre